Department of Animal Husbandry Punjab
CIVIL VETERINARY HOSPITALS (C.V.H.)
There are 1367 Civil Veterinary Hospitals in Punjab. C.V.H. is providing services as given below :-
1. Veterinary health services for domestic & wild life.
2. Artificial Insemination in cattle & buffaloes.
3. Providing various test facilities through diagnostic laboratories at Tehsil level hospitals.
4. Issue of health certificates& postmortem certificates.
5. Conducting mass vaccination /deworming programs.
6. Conducting veterinary health/ fertility camps.
7. Providing technical advisories/ project reports.
8. Publicity of departmental schemes & extension activities.
Summer (16th April to 15th October) ----8.00am to 2.00 pm
Winter (16th Oct. to 15th April) ----9.00 am to 3.00pm
Fees and User charges for different types of services
Time of vaccination
Foot & Mouth Disease (FMD)
All species of
Sheep & Goat
Peste Des Pettis in
Female cattle &
buffalo Calf age 4-8 months
Cattle & calves
months of age
Rabies postbite vaccine
0, 3,7,14,28 & 90 days
Note - Before any vaccination deworming should be done to get better results.